A creamy, healthy & delicious breakfast porridge to start your day!
Buckwheat has a well-balanced assortment of essential and non-essential amino acids and is considered a superior source of protein when compared to wheat, millet and rice. It contains no gluten and is therefore safe for people with gluten allergy or celiac disease.
We used chocolate & mango as a topping for this recipe but you can mess around with any toppings you have at home. Switch it up for more variety!
- ½ cup cooked or soaked buckwheat groats
- ½ cups almond milk (or water)
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 dates
- ½ mango
- ½ tsp black sesame seeds
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- a few pieces of dark chocolate (we use 99 % cacao content)
- optional: 1 tsp agave syrup
- Cook cooked/soaked buckwheat, sliced banana & dates, cinnamon and almond milk in a pot for 2-3 minutes. Add more milk (or water) if the buckwheat runs out of liquid.
- Remove from heat, top with chocolate pieces, sliced mango & sesame seeds. If you prefer it slighty sweeter, drizzle with agave syrup.