The healthiest wings you have ever tried!
One of the tastiest ways to eat cauliflower! These BBQ wings are crispy on the outside & soft on the inside – perfect as snack, appetizer or side dish!
- 1 cauliflower head
- 1 cup buckwheat flour or any flour of choice
- 1 cup almond milk or any milk of your choice
- 2 tsp garlic powder or fresh garlic cloves
- 1-2 cups homemade BBQ sauce
- cayenne pepper & sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 220°C/ 450°F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop up the cauliflower head into small/medium sized pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, combine buckwheat flour, milk, garlic powder, cayenne pepper & salt, stir well (you can add more milk (water) if you want to thin out the mixture).
- Dip cauliflower pieces into the mixture & place on baking sheet.
- Place in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow cauliflower to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
1. Option: Homemade BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1/2 cup dates
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- BBQ spices
Combine all ingredients & blend until smooth.
We prefer the homemade version (lower in fat) but if you don´t have the ingredients and don´t mind the butter & store-bought hot sauce you can try the 2. option.
3/4 cup hot sauce & 1 tbsp vegan butter (or any butter of your choice) // In a small saucepan melt the butter and hot sauce, bring to a simmer and remove from heat. Continue with Step 6.