A creamy vegan sauce that is low in calories and fat!
This recipe is low in fat, vegan and can be made gluten free when using buckwheat noodles, corn pasta or any other gluten free pasta option instead of whole grain pasta. If you are looking for a low carb version, try our zucchini noodles!
- 1/3 pack whole grain spaghetti (500g)
- 8-10 cooked baby asparagus
- ½ eggplant
- 3-4 baby corns
- handful of fresh spinach
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup cooked pumpkin (or pumpkin purée)
- 2-3 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- Cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling water according to package instruction.
- Wash and dice veggies. Cook garlic, onion, eggplant and corn over medium heat for a couple of minutes until soft (adding a couple tbsp water to prevent it from burning). Add cooked asparagus & fresh spinach and continue cooking for another 1-2 mins.
- For the sauce, blend pumpkin, soy sauce and 1-2 tbsp water.
- Add cooked spaghetti and soy-pumpkin sauce to veggies, stir, add nutritional yeast and cook for another 2-3 mins.