A low calorie meal with superfood power!
Cauliflower rice is a great alternative to rice. While brown rice is good for you, you can try cauliflower rice if you are on a weight loss plan. It´s a great way to sneak in some veggies and to add volume without adding too many calories!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- ½ cauliflower
- ½ red pepper
- 1 carrot
- ¼ (red) onion
- ½ (cooked) pumpkin
- 1 tsp maca powder by Organic Burst
- 2 tbsp tamari (gluten free)
- cayenne pepper
- Cut cauliflower into small pieces and place into a food processor. Pulse until it looks like rice. If you don’t own a food processor you can use a grater instead.
- Transfer cauliflower rice to a bowl and heat up in the microwave for 4 minutes and it is ready to serve.
Pumpkin Maca Sauce
- Cut the pepper, carrot and onion into slices and fry with a little bit of coconut oil in a pan on medium heat until softened.
- Blend the pumpkin, maca powder, tamari, basil and cayenne pepper. Add a little bit of water until you get a nice, creamy consistency.
- Pour the sauce into the pan, mix with fried veggies and allow to simmer until thickened.
- Serve over cauliflower rice.
Organic Burst is offering a 10 % discount for all Be smart. Eat smart. followers if you use the code BESMART10 until September 29, 2014. For more information and details visit: www.organicburst.com