Moist & chewy cookies made with healthy ingredients!
Vegan, gluten free and sweetened with natural ingredients – these cookies make a great snack or dessert and are a healthy option to satisfy your sweet tooth!
- 1 chia egg or flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax/chia mixed with 3 tbsp water)
- 1 ½ cups (gluten free) oat flour
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup coconut sugar or sweetener of your choice
- chocolate chips or dark chocolate cut in small pieces
- 1 mashed banana (optional)
- ½ tsp maca powder by Organic Burst (optional)
- almond milk (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180° C (350° F) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the chia/flax egg first, so it can thicken up.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the oat flour, peanut butter, coconut sugar, baking soda, coconut oil and cacao powder. Add chia/flax egg and mix until well combined. If the dough is a bit dry, add 1-2 tsp of almond milk – it should be moist enough to form the cookies but not too sticky.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks until combined.
- Use about 1.5 tbsp of the dough to shape one cookie.
- Bake for around 10-12 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes.
For more information about maca powder, check out www.organicburst.com or read our post about Organic Burst Superfood Supplements!
Be Smart. Eat Smart.