Homemade granola can be healthy, delicious, and comforting!
Most store-bought granolas are loaded with sugar, unhealthy fats and oils. Avoid the unnecessary calories and fat by baking your own granola! Enjoy it on it’s own or mix with fresh fruit and homemade milk or yogurt for breakfast.
- 2 cups rolled (gluten free) oats
- ½ cup almonds, chopped (or almond flakes)
- 2 (mashed) bananas
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or sweetener of your choice
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- optional: add sunflower & pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 180°C (356°F).
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Spread the texture on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly toasted
(optional: dehydrate in a dehydrator until crunchy).
- Allow to cool before serving.