A creamy and satisfying bowl of nut porridge, lightly sweetened with banana and flavored with cinnamon. Absolutely irresistible!
Sometimes there is nothing better than a nourishing and comforting bowl of porridge. Our coconut cashew porridge has a nutty flavor with a creamy and delicious texture. The recipe requires soaking the cashews (or nuts of your choice) overnight which helps make them blend smoothly into the porridge, but most importantly aids with digestion.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked)
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tbsp (gluten free) oats
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Place the nuts in a bowl with filtered water and sprinkle a dash of (sea) salt over them. Let them soak overnight (Note: Cashews must not be soaked any longer than 7 hours).
- Add soaked nuts to a food processor or high-speed blender and blend with the banana, coconut milk, coconut flakes and cinnamon until smooth and creamy.
- You can enjoy the porridge cold or warm. If you prefer it warm, put the mixture in a pot and heat over medium heat for 4-5 minutes. If the mixture becomes too thick, you can dilute with a little bit more coconut milk or water.
- Serve with your favorite toppings! We used dragon fruit, pumpkin kernels, black mulberries & cacao nibs.